Friday, February 18, 2005

Pay me…and ticket master...to entertain you.

In the immortal words of Billy Joel “I am the entertainer.” Well, I flatter myself that I am. And speaking as an entertainer, I know it’s hard to make a living performing. You need to have people buy tickets to see you so you can make money. This is why I have no problem paying for tickets to a show. But when I go to buy Green Day tickets (yes I said Green Day…I’m a fan from way back to Dookie) that are $33.24 and I pay $44.40, I have to ask…why? I feel ripped! When did Ticket Master start taking all of my money? Why shouldn’t Green Day get it? I know Pearl Jam tried to fight this in the 90’s, but all they learned is: you can’t fight “the man.” Well, “DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!” We don’t need Ticket Master! They don’t need $11.15 of my money. They provide a service I don’t need and I’m sick of paying for it! Let Mellon Arena handle ticket sales, or what about Green Day? That would be a great way for them to make money. Instead I have to pay $11.15 for my $33.25 to get into the correct hands! That is some service fee. I realize this may sound a bit hypocritical, since I-Factor out sources our ticket sales to the Funny Bone. But that’s where we perform and there’s no service charge. So take your $11.15 away from Ticket Master and come see an I-Factor show. At least you’ll leave with $3.15 in your pocket and a smile on your face.

1 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

left with $3.15? You forgot about the two drink minimum. The Molson XXX didn't really pay for itself that night.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home