Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Big Fan

	Hello everyone.


This is a historic moment for me as this is
officially my first "BLOG" ever. I had a BLOG removed
from my liver once but that's neither here nor
there.
Usually I can't stand people who change
allegiances of favorite sports teams but I have to admit
that I have become a hypocrite beginning with the Steelers
win over Miami in the hurricane. That's the day I thanked
the Seahawks for 15 years of disappointment and became a
Steelers fan. It became too hard to resist by that point;
I was fairly new to the city and hey, all my friends were
Steelers fans and it provided
a good reason to drink beer
on a Sunday so I hopped on the
Black and Gold bandwagon
by default. You know, if it wasn't
for default, I'd have nothing.
Anyway, the loss to New England yesterday was hard
to take even being a rookie Steelers fan. But I feel more
sorry for those Pittsburghers who have been waiting since
the 70's for another shot at a Super Bowl win. I feel as
though rooting for the Steelers for the better part of the season
than enduring a crushing defeat in the AFC Championship

game is a kinda rite of passage toward become a true
Pittsburgher.
Now I can no longer, under any circumstances, say
"soda" in place of "pop", but I must complain about potholes
and rubberneck every chance I get. As far as football is
concerned I will try to make more jokes about Kordell Stewart
and hold a grudge against Neil O'Donnell for throwing 18
interceptions in the '95 Super Bowl.
I also read a fun fact that more battered women show
up at shelters after a Steelers loss. It must have been like
opening time on Black Friday for those shelters after the
Patriot loss. I hope I never become such a fan that I
feel the need to beat a loved one if the Steelers have a bad game.

Wait, yes I do. Jesus! What kind of a fan am I?

1 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

Now if only the Pittsburgh Penguins would actually start playing... there might be something to do before the Pirates start their losing in the spring.

The Steelers loss was hard to take because of their 15-1 record. They totally and completely crushed the Patriots on Halloween and Burned the Eagles the following week.

They should do what the Auburn Tigers did this year! Buy themselves rings and declare themselves champions anyway! They had the best record in the season!

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home