Monday, January 24, 2005

The Baby Likes Boobs!

I don’t know if any of you are as flabbergasted as I am about some new billboards that keep popping up everywhere. Actually I bet most of you haven’t seen them. I will describe for you. It is a black background with white letters on it. And when you put the letters together to form words it reads “BABIES WERE BORN TO BE BREASTFED”. Ok, weird enough billboard if you ask me. But then I got to thinking, who wants me to breastfeed my yet to be born child? Could it be my local hospital? No. Could it be my OB/GYN? No. Is it my Mom? Not even close! Though I would appreciate some motherly advice on why the GOVERNMENT cares about my yet to be born baby!!! Yes that wonderful thing that runs our country, that tried to run my uterus…Is now telling me what I should and should not do with my breasts!!! You may say to yourself, “self, this can’t be true!” Well I did the homework. This ad campaign had a website: www.4women.gov. They don’t give out the “.gov” to just anyone. Then upon further scrutiny you will find it is funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Which brings me to the next question, are my tax dollars buying these ads? Now I will concede that it is very important to Breastfeed your newborn especially during the first few weeks. Something about immune system build up. But I don’t need the government to try to control me! I thought America was founded on freedom, the freedom to do with our breasts what we please. I thought as Americans we were suppose to dictate how the government functions. Well I didn’t vote for the lunatic in office and I sure didn’t ask him to worry about my breast and yet to be conceived children’s health. I guess since Washington if filled with boobs they decided to tackle the issue of boobs. All I say to them: “Is nothing sacred?”
So next time you drive past one of these billboards, say to yourself, or out loud “Do I want the government to control my body? I didn’t give up my vagina and I will not give up my boobs!”

Thank You for your time:
Teresa

1 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

Sadly enough.... men never seem grow out of this "service" ! ;)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home