Thursday, February 10, 2005

Preaching Politics to a Perch in a Punchbowl: My Upside Down World Theory

Ok, alright, let's just settle down and listen. I'm going to share a theory with you that I concocted back in 7th grade when I was still curious about the world and thought that I could be anything I wanted if I tried. That was before the cable bills began rolling in.
Ok, I'm going to tell you how you can dig your way into an upside down fantasy world. Ok, here are are in Pittsburgh, Pa. and there is a rabbit hole going straight through the Earth right into China. So basically, if I looked down my end of the hole and Chin Ling looks down his end of the hole we will be looking eye to eye. But how can we both look "down" the same hole but be eye to eye.
Now to the upside down world...simply jump feet first into the hole. Suspend disbelief and assume you keep falling and falling without the laws of gravity. (If you keep the laws of gravity intact you simply would have to shimmy "down" the hole after reaching the center of the Earth and fight gravity as it pulled you back to the middle) Anyway, you fall and fall toward the other end of the hole. Now, Chin Ling would look down the hole on his side and see the bottoms of your feet coming up at him; you are "falling up" feet first but you who jumped into the hole in Pittsburgh still have the same sensation of falling "down" the hole. So the people in China see your feet emerge up from the hole as you finally tumble down and out the bottom. Hmm...you arrive in what is essentially an upside down world.
Just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home